EFR ROOF POSITIONER-BAZOOKA-BUMBER
In areas of high wind or where the tank contents are turbulent while filling, floating roofs tend to move off-center.
This tendency can be countered by adding roof positioners attached at intervals to the periphery. See Figure
Features and Benefits of ATECO ROOF POSITIONER BUMPERS
- The bumper is manufactured of expanded polyurethane resin. The special microcellular structure consists of open and closed cells. This enables the buffers to provide high performance with excellent elasticity and energy absorption.
- This proprietary, anti-aging material is self-extinguishing and offers long service and shelf life.
- Rugged design suitable for outdoor use. Temperature capability from -40ºC (-40ºF) to +80ºC (175ºF)
- A steel safety chain is encased within each bumper and attached to the metallic support. This safety feature prevents potential injury or damage to property due to the bumper breaking away from its mounting in the case of catastrophic impact.
- Resistant to mechanical wear, oil, grease and gasoline.
- Stud and two bolt mounting configurations available.
Reference : API.650. APD.C
C.3.12 CENTERING AND ANTIROTATION DEVICES
Suitable devices shall be provided to maintain the roof in a
centered position and to prevent it from rotating. These
devices shall be capable of resisting the lateral forces imposed
by the roof ladder, unequal snow loads, and wind loads.